Friday, July 23, 2010

He terminado una semana de flamenco. ¡Olé!

Today marked the very last day of my week long flirtation with Flamenco. I thought it would just be a summer romance, a fling of passion which I would regale my children with in future years as part 'your mom was young once too' and part cautionary tale, and then I would return to the loving embrace of my West African Dance leaving Flamenco for some other woman to discover, fall in love with and tame. I fear, however, that it was much more than just a passing fancy. It might even be *gasp* LOVE! Thankfully, WAD and I have an open relationship...

For all the silliness in the preceding paragraph, I really did enjoy Flamenco and I have the blisters to prove it. The only downside (isn't there always one?) is that one of the blisters caused me to have to do the last half of tonight's class shoe-less. Flamenco just isn't the same without the banging of the shoes sound of the golpe or the planta-tacon. Listen to me sounding like I know what the heck I'm talking about. I would really love to continue with Flamenco in September but I'm trying to write up a budget so I can do Spain-Morocco next year for a friend's wedding... hmm, maybe I could use my snazzy Flamenco moves to score up some busking money on the streets of Granada. They don't know what Flamenco is there, do they?

No comments: