Monday, July 12, 2010

Accentuate the Positive!

I have completed my first training session for the half-marathon and I rocked it, if I may say so myself. I felt almost silly making myself walk after only running for two minutes. Two minutes?!? That's nothing to me now, but if that's what the training schedule says, that is what I will do. I also like how great it felt to finish those two minute segments and remember how difficult a two minute run used to be. Sometimes I feel like I'm not moving forward with my running, that I'm just spinning my wheels, but then I think back to that first night that THR and I headed out and how much I struggled. One minute felt like an eternity... and now I'm talking about tackling a half-marathon.

I did pretty well on my water challenge today. I was a little shy of my 64oz goal, and I might still make it if I don't mind getting up to pee in the middle of the night. Oh, wait, I hate getting up in the middle of the night... 58oz for day one it is. Still, well within pissing distance of my target. (Yes, I went there.)

I also had a great experience today when I was approached about contributing an article to FOCUS, a magazine put out by the Adopted Families Association of BC. A writer friend, who is currently going through the adoption process, knew about my history with adoption and suggested that I write a piece. I have two ideas for possible pieces I'm going to put forward, and I just really hope that one of them resonates with them.

All-in-all, I've had a great weekend (Spain won the World Cup, I got to see some friends from Switzerland, had dinner with my mom, the weather was gorgeous) and this week's shaping up to be pretty awesome too. Life is pretty darn fantastic right now!

It may not be Double Rainbow All the Way, but it's Partial Triple Rainbow with Elephants.

No comments: