Sunday, January 16, 2011

Heels, Water, Nothing Can Stop Me!

I had to skip my formal workout plans on Friday night because I had social plans to see The Laramie Project with a friend. Still, with all the walking I did that night, I clocked 4 kms in heels. Some may argue that this wasn't a real workout but those people are most likely men so *pfffft*.

I was back into the running today. It's amazing how much my runs improve just by making sure I'm properly hydrated before I head out. Amazing or just common sense, it's a thin line sometimes. The weather was less than cooperative so I was proud of myself for actually getting out of the house and going. Mother Nature seemed to understand my internal fight with myself and stopped the light rain about 3 minutes in. What I failed to understand was that this was so she could save it up and drench me in the last five minutes.

Under that puddle is the sidewalk.

Thanks to Jenny (whose blog I lurk on), I found out about the X-Weighted Challenge. After taking a look around, I signed up. It didn't take much convincing to get THR to sign up as well. Where would I be without my partner in crime? I'm still trying to sort it all but so far I like what I see.

No comments: