Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cats Are Evil

I was going to go for my first run today since the doctor's okay. I wasn't planning anything big, just to head out the door and see how far I could make it. I wanted to see exactly how much of my endurance I had lost in the five weeks before I start doing a more structure running schedule this coming week. Mostly, I wanted to go for a run just to get out of the house while the weather is still as beautiful as it is today, before the rains return. I was so excited about getting out and running that I dreamt about it twice last night.

Then this morning, my cat got underfoot while I was getting out of bed. I landed on my right foot at a strange ankle and had to limp to the couch. It's nothing serious--it's already better than it was an hour ago--but it's sore. I've already had to take one extended break from running, I don't want to have to take another. I'll just go for a walk this morning instead and wait until Tuesday to start my running.

Stupid adorable cats.

No comments: