Wednesday, May 19, 2010

MP to WW; It's a Natural Progression, Right?

I reviewed my last post in the full-recovered light of morning and was a little appalled at my willingness to discuss my tummy troubles, my entire "Dudes. Seriously?" bit, and the fact that I some how managed to work Monty Python into it... twice! I was obviously feeling a little out of it the night before and was trying to figure out how to claim a little 'mea culpa' followed by 'I will never blog light-headed and sick again' when I checked my RSS reader and found that one of my favourite fitness bloggers (Charlotte at the Great Fitness Experiment) referenced the exact same Monty Python skit that I did (in a post put up after mine, might I add). Well, she has a book deal in the works, so if she can reference MP then so can I.

I'm happy to say that I'm back on my feet, fit as an out-of-shape fiddle. I headed out for the usual Wednesday night run with THR feeling great. Unfortunately, a few missed runs in the past few weeks made today a bit more of a challenge than it should have been, but we'll right that quickly. My only concern was a nagging right knee. I've had issues with this knee; I took a bad spill on some cement stairs when I was young and after that, the knee never felt right. Sometimes it feels like the knee cap is slipping around, other times it gets sore for no real reason. I'd have it checked by a doctor, but there's never really been any rhyme or reason to when or why and I can go years without it bothering me, then suddenly for a few weeks *bam* it hurts. I pushed through it tonight and iced it once I got home, here's hoping it goes away as quickly as last time.

Thursday is set to be a big day for me. The day starts with my first official workout back at the Y (thanks to Tuesday being cancelled). Due to my (crazy) plan of going before work, my bag is packed, my workout is planned and my alarm is set. I can honestly say that this is the most excited I have been about the gym in a long, long time. Let's just hope that excitement lasts beyond Thursday :) It will also be my first Weight Watchers meeting. Ugh, my first weigh-in. that's the part I dread the most. Who wouldn't? It's one thing to weigh myself by myself in the privacy of my own home where no one knows the number except me, but doing it every week before the meeting? Having someone record it? Again, ugh! But there's another side to all that and it's the supportive, encouraging people that go with it. Besides, if you do it right, that number being recorded only gets smaller and smaller, and ugh turns to yippee!

My motto for this whole endeavour.

No comments: