Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm Not Going to Lie to You, Marge...

...I've been a little bummed lately and that's why I haven't been posting. I keep thinking my knee is getting better and then I have to squat down for some reason at work and a sharp pain notifies me that it's either not better or that I just re-aggravated it. I'm pissy and upset and frustrated by it all. I've had to accept the fact that my 10K time goal is not doable for the TC10K in the amount of time I have left even if *snap* I was better tomorrow and could start properly training. Instead, I'm going to look for other 10Ks on the island or in the Lower Mainland in the late summer or fall so I can give my knee time to heal without feeling the added time pressure.

In the mean time, I've finally broken down and accepted that I obviously need a knee brace. It makes me feel old when I wear it but if it helps, I guess I'll keep my complaints to myself.

No comments: