Sunday, November 7, 2010

Stupid Body. Be Less Hurty!

I was super pumped to head out this morning. Not only was it a bright, clear, mild morning, but thanks to the time change I was ready to head out ridiculously early (well, for me on a weekend, it was ridiculously early). I'd be able to get a run in and still be home in time to do everything I wanted today.

I was supposed to do 8 sets of run-walk. I finished the first run feeling good but as I walked my right hip started to ache. I got through my next run still feeling great but when I started to walk again the pain returned. As the running felt okay, I stretched a bit more and took off again but when I returned to walking I was limping.

It was sore as I made my way home but it ached less. Then I went to lunch with my mom and by the time we left, I could either limp when I moved my right leg forward or I could put it far to the right of my body causing me to toddle down the road like a little old lady. Now I'm home and stuck on the couch with ice on my hip. Oh, please, please let this be temporary!

No comments: