Monday, September 20, 2010

I Can't Run so I Will Cook

I am slowly setting up my apartment with equipment for a make-shift 'at home' gym-type-like thingy. I headed out this weekend to pick up some resistance bands and heavier weights to compliment the lighter weights, balance ball and yoga mat I already have. I'm not done but what I have will do for now. In the meantime, I want to set up an area for the equipment so I don't have to keep lugging it from my closet to the living room every time... although that is a good workout.

Fall is definitely here and I love it. I really do have a strange love for rain and going out in it and getting wet. I even like camping in the rain. I also prefer to work out in the Fall because I'm a big sissy when it comes to getting really hot and that's never a concern in the Fall!

Fog from my balcony

The only downside is that we're coming up to the workout weather I like best just as I am temporarily stopping the running. I've been having some knee issues since the Spring. Well, that's a lie. I've been having these problems since I was a teenager, but I noticed an increase in the regularity of it since the Spring. My knees don't hurt but I've been noticing that they don't feel right, if that makes sense. It almost feels like the joint has shifted but I know it hasn't. Anyway, I've been given a bunch of knee/surround muscle exercises to do (boo yay lunges!!) and have been advised to stick to low impact cardio for the time being.


The change in weather is also telling me it's time to start cooking some of my favourite meals. There's something about fall that makes me want to cook. The heat of summer is over, I need something that's more of an internal hug than a salad, and staying inside to cook when it's dark out just seems nice. I'm hoping to get some of the meals up on here to share. First up, Schnitz und Drunder (I tried to find an English link to the recipe, but alas, you'll just have to wait) which almost replaces a cheese fondue for my favourite Swiss meal.

Who am I kidding? I have an annual fondue party. This will always be my favourite Swiss meal.
Cheese melted in wine? Um, you had me at cheese! Yummy!

Anyone else have favourite Fall meals they're looking forward to?

No comments: