Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sport-tastic Weekend

This weekend is a huge one for sports: Six Nations Rugby!!! Oh, and apparently some thing called the Super Bowl is happening this weekend as well. Beyond the occasional game of flag football, I am not an American football fan. Rugby, hockey, real football soccer, those are sports I follow.

That's my baby brother holding the ball. Bloody knee and two guys hanging off him,
his tenacity ended in a try and then he converted it. That's my sport.

Seeing as Six Nations games were all played on Friday and Saturday, I figured I'd use the Super Bowl as an excuse to head to my local coffee shop and sit for five hours in relative quiet and just read. I mean, isn't every one else at a Super Bowl party? Apparently not. I forgot that I live in an artsy-fartsy community. Everyone and their dog was at the coffee shop, so I grabbed a coffee to-go and returned home.

On the workout front, I kind of fell of the wagon this past week. Whereas the week before was off the wagon because I actually had other priorities, this past week was off the wagon because I was lazy. Lazy is what got me into this mess in the first place so I'm going to have to work on that. The upside is that my new (possible) running partner told me why he didn't follow the path to professional soccer: knee injury. Hopefully that keeps him running at a slower pace.

Here's to a better workout week and Ireland taking France by five points next weekend!

No comments: