Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let This Be a Lesson to You All

Last Saturday night was the bachelorette party of one of my best friends. She's originally from the island and is back to get married, so we headed out for a night on the town together for the first time in four years. I wasn't planning on doing anything too crazy, a drink (maybe two if someone else was buying) and a lot of dancing. We ended up at her favourite bar and were immediately hit on by two drunk navy men who were in Victoria to head out on their first basic training on the ship (as opposed to the basic basic training which all military personnel do on land). They were friendly enough, good conversationalists, and we had a few laughs before they realised our table of six wasn't looking to expand that evening. I got chatting with one of the guys about various sports and I was really enjoying myself except he couldn't stop coughing.

Sunday morning, I didn't feel too great but I chalked it up to lack of sleep. The day passed in a haze of sleepiness. The weather was less than great (it was raining... again) so I was fine with curling up on my couch and feeling *meh*. By Monday morning, I was pretty much ready to call it a day within 10 mins of waking up. The only reason I actually got out of bed was because I had to train a new employee that day... why not make them sick as well? I cancelled my evening run with THR, watched an extra episode of Battlestar Galactica (I'm limiting myself to one episode a day so as not to rush through the awesomeness that is BSG), and crawled into bed at an hour I haven't gone to bed at since I was eight.

I feel better today, but still a little groggy and coughing a lot. At this point, I'm planning on doing my run tomorrow, but I fear I may have to pull it back to shorter intervals until this cough goes away. So let this be a lesson to you all: Navy guys can still get you sick even if you don't sleep with them!

No comments: