Sunday, March 7, 2010

Being sick sucks when you don't have your mommy

I should have seen this coming: I couldn't seem to get myself out of bed the last half of this week, I struggled with my run on Friday in a way I haven't struggled with it since the first week, all I wanted to do while out with a friend yesterday was sit down even though we were just casually walking around, and I had innumberable sore muscles in places I had previously thought devoid of muscle tissue. I am sick and it sucks.

I was in denial that I was sick, convinced I just hadn't slept enough or I'm just out of shape, but after I returned home from dinner at the Blue Nile last night, I hit that wall that says STOP. For the first time in months, I crawled into bed before 10:00pm and just crashed. It was a disappointing realisation as I had plans for another run today and a skating session with a bunch of people from work; having spent so many weekend hidden away in my apartment because of school work, I was really looking forward to the social aspects of these outtings.

Instead, I will take it easy and spend the remainder of the weekend crocheting and seeing my family for dinner tonight. I'm mentally feeling a little better but still lethargic and achy so I may drag myself to the local movie theatre for an afternoon show. In the meantime, I'm going to see if a hot shower can loosen some of the aches out of my back.

No comments: