Sunday, September 20, 2009

My first big hurdle

So, it's been 11 days and my right ankle is still a) sore and b) slightly swollen. Standing on my tiptoes exasperates the pain, and if I walk too much, the pain moves up my leg to my right knee, ending in a dull ache which lasts for a good hour or so once I'm sitting. As you can imagine, this has limited my physical activity this week to pretty much, well, nothing. Except for walking to and from work (and a tribute band concert last night), I've halted all activity. The upside is that I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping that she'll just tell me a bit more rest and every thing will be right as rain. The downside is that between work/school and trying to avoid standing for long periods of time so I never got my shopping done, my diet has suffered this past week as well. Oh well, this next week is the week to get back on track.

Because of my schedule, there's no point keeping my membership at the Y. Best case scenario, I'd be able to go there on the weekends only and as I like to try and hike on the weekends, I'm pretty much just throwing money away. Cancelling my membership is on this week's to-do list. I did pop my head in to check out the facilities up at Camosun. They look decent enough, and not very busy when I was in there, so they will be my new workout location once I'm up and on my foot again.

And that's about it. There's really not much to write in a blog about getting in shape when one is a hobble away from being laid up on the couch! If I get up on my feet before this week's end, I'll let you know. Otherwise, I'm in Vancouver next weekend (Maria and Jose are here!!!!) so I may not get around to posting.

No comments: