Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Good news, but no hammer!

I went to my doctor on Monday, and as I had thought given that I was walking, I have only sprained my ankle. A few things I learned which I didn't know before: a) a sprain can take up to 16 weeks to heal (and a really bad sprain can take up to a year to completely heal) and b) a break is actually easier to fix. Lesson learned; next time I sprain my ankle, I'll take a hammer to it when I get home. I've got an ankle brace to help with the healing and I wear it for any longer distances, but it gets hot and sweaty the longer it's on so I take it off a lot. Still, I have to admit it does feel better when it's on. I'm still lying low this week but it is feeling better. I found a walking workout plan and with a few modifications, it should be weak ankle friendly (something tells me that a shuffle step or a crossover might be asking for a re-injury).

I also found an online weight-loss simulator. I decided to have a go at it and this was the end result:


It was actually a lot of fun, you got to change the body to fit your height, start and (desired) end weight, fiddle with hair and facial features, as well as pick a bathing suit and a background (I was tempted to go with the snowy country lane because it made me giggle). If you want to have some fun with it yourself: http://www.prevention.com/mvm/main.html

No comments: