Monday, November 21, 2011

Injury Update

Having never had a back injury which has taken this long to heal, I started getting nervous that I had done some serious damage. I mean, it's over two weeks since and I still get out of bed looking something like my grandpa did when he was in his 90's. The most recent person I know with a back injury had to have surgery she did so much damage and 16 months later she still doesn't have full motion back. That thought kept circling in the back of my mind every time I felt pain back there.

The one positive is that the period of sustained back pain (as opposed to the 'only when I move the wrong way' pain) is now limited to the first two hours after I get up. Surely, that's a step in the right direction. I sent an email to a friend of a friend who's a physiotherapist about expected recovery time. Subsequent emails throughout the course of this morning have made me feel much better that I haven't actually done anything serious, and now I have a few handy-dandy exercises to do along with some light-stretching/yoga poses.

The downside is that week three of my goals looks exactly like week two... and week one... and probably like week four, if I'm being honest. Injuries suck. Instead of bore you with "hey, I'm aiming to walk... again!" for the next two weeks, I'm going to hold off on officially posting goals until they're of something more exciting... like 'bending over without groaning'! Because right now, that would be really exciting for me. [See previous comment about injuries sucking.]

In the mean time, expecting posting to be sporadic and/or a pity party. Feel free to bring the ticker tape.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope you feel better soon!

AndreaClaire said...

Me too!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Tasha @ Lettuce Makes Me Fat said...

I'm sorry you are feeling so awful. Back injuries suck!! It's good that you're being smart about it though. Make sure you're body is healthy before you get back to the grind (which you are doing...smart lady!). Did you get my postcard?

AndreaClaire said...

Nothing yet but maybe they sent it to Donegal-slowest-post-in-the-world first? ;)

Welcome home!!