Monday, April 11, 2011

I Had Been Doing So Well

I was down at my OH&S weigh-in last week. In fact, I was second for percentage of body weight lost.

I went to aerobics on Saturday morning and my knee felt pretty good afterwards (although I did keep my lateral movements teeny-tiny just to be on the safe side).

I ate out twice this weekend (a birthday dinner and a birthday breakfast) and although I didn't restrict myself, I was fairly smart about my food choices (perhaps not so much with my drink choices).

And then it hit me. The dreaded lurgy which had glanced out at my two weeks ago hit me full force by Sunday evening.

I'm angry because I haven't been sick in over six months. That was when a summer flu went through my office and pretty much hit everyone at least twice. I went all winter without actually getting sick. Now? The weather is finally starting to turn and I just want to crawl into bed, pull the covers over my head, and go to sleep.

I hate the lurgy.

No comments: